Translate

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happy New Year 2015 & A Few Resolutions...

Happy New Year 2015!!!
Sophia Loren
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
and never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
and auld lang syne?


For auld lang syne, my jo,
for auld lang syne,
we’ll tak' a cup o’ kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.
And surely ye’ll be your pint-stoup!
and surely I’ll be mine!
And we’ll tak' a cup o’ kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.

- Robert Burns

I sincerely hope that each and every one of you will get one step closer to realizing your dreams in 2015! 
Ava Gardner
 Here are a few of my resolutions for the New Year:

Embrace my inner entrepreneur 
Dreams require action, or they will forever remain dreams and nothing more. The older I get the more confidence I have in myself. I have also realized that my ideas aren't completely ridiculous.
Make time for a daily dose of glamour
I truly enjoy dressing up, but when I am stuck at home I usually resort to my cozy fleece pajama's - this isn't necessarily a horrible thing, I would just like to feel more attractive while doing day to day chores. I did purchase a gorgeous merlot satin dressing gown a while ago, but the seams are weak and I need to take it to a tailor before I can wear it. Being well groomed and put together on a daily basis, regardless of where I am or who I am with, makes all the difference and I can tell that I gain added confidence and motivation when I feel properly put together!
Properly decompress before bedtime 
The combination of being a night owl and a light sleeper gets tricky sometimes, especially when I have to get up early the next day. My mind is haunted at night by ghosts of the past, the gravitas and vulnerability and the meaning of life, anxiety about the future, and the endless unfulfilled possibilities that I would like to see come into fruition. If this were a recent development I would say that I am obviously in the throes of an existential crisis, but seeing as this has been a pattern since I was a child, I say it is just a deeply ingrained pattern of thought. I have already taken measures to remedy these sleepless nights - I make myself a nice, soothing cup of fresh ginger, peppermint or chamomile tea and indulge in thinking about something completely frivolous before bedtime. A little bit of rose oil on my pillow, my neck, and my wrists helps me sleep better as well. 
 Brush up on my French
Although I took four years of French in high school, I have a difficult time retaining a language if I don't speak it on a daily basis. I have always been very proud of my French roots, and I would like to speak at least conversational French and get that accent down pat.

Reignite my love of writing
As a little girl of seven years old, I began the habit of keeping a journal and writing on a daily basis - I have lost some of the zeal I used to have for putting my thoughts down on paper and I would like to continue that tradition. Although, the fact that I leave a paper trail can be volatile - I have to ensure that my most revealing journals are carefully hidden away.

Learn and use a new word on a daily basis
Thanks to daily emails from dictionary.com I am reminded on a daily basis of this resolution! I truly love learning new things, especially when it comes to linguistics. Being a polyglot, it is amusing to me when I can trace a word in various languages to one common root word. Nerd alert, I know. 
 Continue to invest in classic pieces
Life is too short to wear boring clothes! However, I have a confession to make. I have a difficult time buying basics. I often get distracted by whimsical and impractical pieces that can't be worn on a daily basis. This is problematic because a good deal of my wardrobe doesn't go with anything and often I get frustrated when I look into my closet. I absolutely hate boring clothing and I want every piece I own to reflect my personality and make me feel my best when I slip into it. I have been getting better about investing in basics, however, and now that I have turned the dirty thirty I have realized that there are a few key elements that make my pulse race and happen to be classic pieces as well. One example is the 1940's skirt suit! I used a good portion of my Christmas $$$ to invest in this pretty little thing...
Wear pretty lingerie
I adore pretty lingerie - I just absolutely hate shopping for it. Also, it doesn't help that most of the pretty bras usually only come in smaller sizes. I really would like to have matching undergarments, I think it would help me feel more put together and get me in the mood for seduction...
 Rebuild my circle of friends
The older I get, the more I realize that I am my own best friend and any other relationship is just an added bonus. I've always been a lone wolf, so to speak, as I don't exactly crave human interaction - I do plan on trying to be a little more sociable, but I also think that it is important to realize which relationships are worth investing in. After my move to Macedonia and back, I definitely realized who truly valued my friendship, and as a result I am already starting with a fresh page in this New Year. Friendship for me is not about seeking validation from another human being, nor is it a popularity contest, and I am definitely not looking for that "Sex and the City" scenario. I long to converse with great minds and invest in friendships that are mutually beneficial.

What are your resolutions for this new year?

See you in 2015!

Comrade Von Pussycat

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!