Translate

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Bathing Beauties Of Summers Past...

If there is one thing that I love collecting from the 1940's and 1950's, it has to be vintage swimwear. What better way to track societal and cultural changes than through the exposure (or lack thereof) of skin? The whole process of changing ideals truly fascinates me.

A stunning Rita Hayworth sporting a typical late 1940's bathing suit style


Ah-mazing 1940's bathing suits!



Adele Mara - florals, ruffles, and cream peeptoe platforms? Yes, please!
Esther Williams - Hollywood's mermaid - in star worthy and glamorous gold lame!
The pincurls, the glossy red manicure, and those heels! 100% unadulterated glamour!
Chic sunglasses and a knit suit...what could be better for a vacation?
Miss America contestants in the 1940's wearing Catalina swimsuits
I don't know who this lovely lady is, but I am drooling over her polka dot print twist two piece!
It's sarong time! Sarong bathing suits and sarong dresses, my number one choice for accentuating those curves!
The corset swimsuit of the 1950's - if it was good enough for Marilyn, it is good enough for me!
1940's swimwear at its finest - I love how each look is completely individual









1950's bathing beauties!
Comrade Von Pussycat

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!