Translate

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A Little California Sun + Negra Modelo

I'm finally back home in California, and let me tell you, it feels SO good! Yesterday was the first time in over two years that I've had  sister time (and by the poolside to boot!) and it was so nice to catch up in person over a few beers. Negra modelo, one of my favorites! I wore my vintage bathing suit from the 1950's, which I found, rather unbelievably, for $20 ( I believe it was mislabeled as being from the 1960's, but my grandmother told me that it was most definitely from either the late 1940's or the early 1950's). 
I am also wearing my new favorite lipstick *drumroll please* MAC Lady Danger! My biggest little brother took me to get my very first professional manicure (thanks Stuboo!) and it perfectly matched my
lipstick. After living two years abroad with no MAC in sight, I had a few empties to recycle and decided to get Lady Danger, Ruby Woo, and Saint Germaine. Lady Danger is so wearable and I love the retro matte texture. It is pretty lightweight and doesn't dry out my lips at all. In fact, I wore it for about eight hours comfortably. Lady Danger is definitely going to be one of my summer staples. Here are a few photographs from yesterday:

Negra modelo!

Lounging by the pool

For an impromptu photograph, I really l ike this one :)


My bestie!!!





Reunited and it feels so good! I have the most beautiful sisters in the world!
Lipstick: MAC Lady Danger
Bathing suit: 1950's vintage

10 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous! I miss the warmth and shopping in California.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mariela! California is calling your name ;)

      Delete
  2. I also can't wait to move back home next year. Hm, I didn't know I was needing some new lipstick. What's that? The nearest MAC calling my name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thorne, Lady Danger is officially my favorite lipstick, you definitely need to try it! Every lady needs this in her makeup arsenal :)

      Delete
  3. You and your sisters look lovely! I adore your 50s suit! And I, too, love MAC Lady Danger! MAC's pencil in Redd is a perfect match! If you like bright orange reds and you are looking for a fantastic shade (for a bit of an indulgence too), you have to try Giorgio Armani Rouge D'Armani in #401! That color is gorgeous and the texture is amazing! Creamy, long-lasting, and no bleeding or "balling up!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you very much for the suggestions! I wish I could splurge on the Armani lipstick now, but I will definitely keep it in mind for the future. I am so in love with Lady Danger, isn't it the best?

      Delete
  4. Perfect way to spend a day, with your friend and sister, getting sun drunk.
    What a brother! He took you to get a manicure?
    Your suit is gorgeous from whatever era it comes from.
    And I just got my first matte lipstick from MAC. I looove it. Talking about staying power...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihi I know you probably think the platinum blonde is my friend, but believe or not, she is in fact my sister! I have five siblings who turned out bleach blonde, I got the dark genes for some reason! MAC matte lippies are amazing, aren't they? I am thinking about trying "Please Me" for an every day lipstick :)

      Delete
  5. Love your swimsuit. This Mac lipstick sounds good, must look around for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bonsaimum! You MUST try it, I think you will love it :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you!