Translate

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Stovetop Espresso, Morning Routines, And Eccentric Glamour!


“Knowing who you really are and dressing the part -- with an air of amused recklessness -- is life affirming for you and life enhancing for other people.”
Simon Doonan, Eccentric Glamour: Creating an Insanely More Fabulous You

It's 6:40 in the morning, I wake up before the alarm goes off, slip into my cozy wool dachshund slippers (favorite gift from the bear ever!), and get up to make my morning espresso in the best invention ever, a bright lime green stovetop espresso pot. As the crisp morning air fills with that rich, steamy espresso aroma, I stand by the stovetop picking out bobby pins and brushing out glossy chocolate pincurls to maximize my morning routine. We are all pressed for time in the morning, and little shortcuts like sleeping in your pincurls and slicking on a bright lipstick makes glamour just that much more attainable when you don't have the time in the morning to spend brushing on three coats of mascara and meticulously separating every single eyelash. I realize that it might not be socially acceptable in California to wear such dramatic maquillage in the early morning, or even daytime for that matter, however, I adore contrast and I believe my dark features demand it, so that is the end of that. 

“Red is wild. She is unsettling. She intrigues. Wear red and other women will assume that you are a predatory vixen who is out to steal their husbands and suck the blood of their children.”
Simon Doonan, Eccentric Glamour: Creating an Insanely More Fabulous You
 
I sincerely wish that there was a little more glamour in every day life. I prefer to be a glamorous eccentric (Simon Doonan, I salute you!) instead of drowning in a sea of beige, and I always welcome the distraction of a well-dressed individual to take my mind off of the mundane. So, to all of my fellow glamorous eccentrics - keep calm and wear red lipstick!



Comrade Von Pussycat

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!