|Get creative with the garnishes!|
|Roasted garlic and red peppers for the soup - roasted sweet corn would be a great addition too!|
|Serve with plenty of warm tortillas!|
- Olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- Garlic cloves, roasted
- 3-4 roasted red peppers, peeled and cleaned
- 2 28 ounce cans whole fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can chicken broth
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce, chopped
- Additions & garnishes: avocado, sour cream, cilantro, black beans, fried tortilla strips, shredded chicken, side of grilled cheese, pickled jalapenos
- In a medium to large size stock pot, saute onion in olive oil until translucent.
- Put all ingredients into a blender (except for the garnishes, naturally!) and puree until smooth.
- Pour soup into stock pot and heat to desired temperature. You can also serve this chilled, it is delicious either way.
- Ladle into soup bowls and garnish as desired!