Translate

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Dressing Like A 1930's Snow White


It's finally Autumn, and 'tis the season for sipping pumpkin spice lattes, wearing fuzzy wool sweaters, and wearing stockings (preferably nude with coffee colored seams!). This morning, while drinking my morning espresso, I had the idea to begin editing my wardrobe and lo and behold! I happened upon a dress I had purchased about a year ago, but had never worn due to needing a few alterations. Well, today I decided to resolve this, after all, this 1930's beauty deserves to see the light of day and it is the perfect deep pumpkin hue with the most adorable oversize black buttons. I think, in addition to shortening the sleeves a bit, I will add creme anglaise colored cuffs and a collar to match. As it is handmade, the seams at the waist are a bit crooked, but I think I may remedy that with a tie sash in the same color fabric (which I will most likely take from the hem). I can't wait to wear this under a cozy fur trimmed coat with cognac colored booties and velvet rose lipstick. I am aware that the look may be slightly more girlish than I am used to, but now I have this vision haunting me and I have to find a way to make my wardrobe dreams come true!


Comrade Von Pussycat

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!