Translate

Friday, June 5, 2015

Besame Noir Red, Gourmandises & My Life Of Crime


A good red wine, meat in tube form, and beautiful lipstick. Life is about savoring the little pleasures. I hate the term "guilty pleasure". Why the fuck should I ever feel guilty about eating anything? I can tell you right now, I am not one to go to for diet advice - actually, I've never been on a diet in my life. I don't believe in it, its against my philosophy.

 "Never trust a woman who doesn't like to eat. 
She is probably lousy in bed"
 - Federico Fellini

I would add to this. Never trust a woman who doesn't like to eat. She is probably a lousy friend. I trust people who eat well. I admire a woman who can consume an entire baguette, a wedge of triple cream brie, and a whole bottle of red wine (no wine spritzers, please...I know, I'm such a snob) in one sitting and not feel like she has committed a cardinal sin. I admire a woman who just doesn't give a fuck about what the latest diet trends are and still eats bacon even though it is the anti-christ of the health world. I'll be completely honest...if you are an obsessive calorie counter, can't go anywhere without ordering a skinny girl margarita, and basically live at the gym...we will probably not get along very well.
Maria Callas obviously knew how to choose her friends!
Anyways, I digress. Being the gourmand that I am, I couldn't resist smuggling in a few foodie goodies back into the country on our way back from Macedonia, and thankfully, my precious undocumented meat in tube form made it across the border and lasted a whole two weeks...savored to its very last spicy, fatty bite. I have a weakness for smoked and cured meats. Kulen (a traditionally Croatian cured meat in tube form) has always been my favorite as it contains a rich smoked paprika and a unique mixture of earthy spices from the Balkan region. It is also one of the toppings on my favorite pizza "Il Diavolo", which I always order at restaurant Cosa Nostra when I visit my adopted hometown Ohrid.
Hello, beautiful :)
Also, we discovered another amaaaaaaaazing Californian wine this weekend...Carnivor's Cabernet Sauvignon is deep, dark, and delicious!
And this spicy Habanero Cheese from Sonoma Jack is another new favorite! Anyone who knows me knows that I could live on cheese alone...
Last but not least, my new favorite lipstick! Besame Noir Red! Anything wine colored and vintage inspired is right up my alley...and it makes me feel like a modern day flapper ;) All I need is a garter flask and freshly bobbed hair...

Comrade Von Pussycat

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!