Translate

Friday, February 13, 2015

Going Natural With Swedish Hasbeens - S/S15 Collection

"During the 80's the style and fashion was infused with humor, equality and colors. This collection is inspired by the powerful and individual women of the second wave of feminism in the 1980s.The edgy style of Grace Jones, the fearless style of Debbie Harry, the post punk gothic style of Vivienne Westwood and the strong women in Helmut Newton's photos. To help banish the overtly sexualized images of women, particularly in advertising, we want to show women as we truly are – Natural.We take the natural approach to our shoes as well. Our shoes are all unique since they are hand-made by skilled artisans using lime tree wood and natural vegetable tanned leather in old and happy clog factories in Sweden, Italy and in the EU.
Let's go natural!"

 -----------------------

I absolutely adore this new campaign by Swedish Hasbeens for so many reasons. No thigh gaps. Full bush. No Spray tans. No implants. No shiny, photoshopped fake derriere. No duck lips. In a world where a woman is "supposed" to be tall, thin, hairless, and unrealistically well-endowed, it is nice to see a slightly different image projected. I mean, yes, these are still models, obviously - but I appreciate the direction that Swedish Hasbeens has taken. 

Comrade Von Pussycat

3 comments:

  1. I've always loved these shoes. Now I love them even more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they the cutest? I always look forward to their new campaigns, they are so fun!

      Delete
  2. I love this campaign, I´m sooo tired of implants,thigh gaps, duck faces...Yep, those women are still models, but look more realistic!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!