Translate

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Cleopatra Eyes - A Review of NARS Eye Paint in Mozambique

It has been one of my goals in life to practice and perfect that inimitable, seductive gaze that the ancients spoke of. Many ancient texts place a great deal of significance on the intoxicating qualities of seductive eyes, and if there is one ancient beauty secret that has lived on through the ages, it is the legendary Cat Eye.The ancients are clear that Cleopatra, the queen of the Cat Eye, was not a natural beauty (at least according to the Roman standard of beauty) - therefore, she painstakingly applied and perfected her methods of seduction, which included the meticulous application of cosmetics that elevated her fairly plain features to the status of goddess-like.You see,often times legendary beauty is created through the art of artifice. 

Which brings me to my latest cosmetic purchase: NARS Eye Paint in Mozambique - a creamy, matte olive green. I usually stick to neutral eyes, but when I found this on deep discount via Amazon, I decided to give it a shot. I used a MAC concealer brush to apply Mozambique straight to my lids, and after a tiny amount of blending, I finished with black eyeliner. The formula sets fairly quickly and dries down to a soft matte velvet texture. The color payoff is amazingly vibrant, and it doesn't oxidize or flake, which I greatly appreciate. I actually slept in it to see how it would hold up by morning, and all I can say is that this stuff is a must-have for makeup that is low maintenance! No touch-ups, no muss, no fuss. I absolutely adore the creamy formula (no pulling, streaking or chalkiness) and the shade Mozambique.Needless to say, I am a huge fan of the formula - I can see this being a staple in summertime - I just wish that NARS would come out with more matte colors...

Comrade Von Pussycat

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!