Translate

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Puttana Americana!

For the longest time I have wanted to recreate photographs that evoke the work of the great Italian New Wave maestros...most notably Vittorio de Sica and Federico Fellini.  

La dolce vita...without a taste of bitter, there would be no sweet. Unadulterated pleasure can be no pleasure at all...without death there can be no life. I once felt great pleasure in knowing that certain things will expire, wither, and die.There was such sweetness and longing in that last, deep kiss...such glorious desperation in the arms of summer. Death can be comforting. Just as the thought of eternal youth can be menacing, and slightly morbid. I have always had a hedonistic streak in me, and sometimes I have to remember to be reasonable. I am one who is easily seduced by my senses, and who revels in the simplest details of life. Puttana, puta, kurva, whore...these have all been names of mine; names that hold a touch of sweetness along with the bitter. After all, sometimes the most beautiful things lie within the ugly...

Comrade Von Pussycat

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!