Translate

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

You're in the Army now!

My wartime romance! I doubt that this was an actual uniform, but I found this WWII era dress for a real steal, and although it had some flaws, I couldn't resist taking such a jewel home. Just look at those 1940's padded shoulders! The ruching! The swing skirt! Les adorables, if I do say so myself. 



 And now, for your enjoyment, a few wartime photographs to remind us all what those times were all about! Patriotism! Struggle! Courage! Romance! Love!



                            The fabulous Rita Hayworth entertaining our service men :)
The legendary Marlene Dietrich entertaining the troops! 
Linda Darnell

That's all folks!
Comrade Von Pussycat

2 comments:

  1. Hi and thanks for commenting on my blog. Restoring vintage is a bit of a minefield, as there are so many variables which might come into play. If you have any specific questions, you're welcome to email me anytime, direct link to my email is in the left sidebar. I outsource most of our repair work to a really good seamstress who loves vintage, I'm not good enough at sewing! Love the brown dress.xx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kitty! I will definitely take you up on that offer :) I currently live in Macedonia, and vintage isn't even on the radar here, so finding someone capable of repairing delicate vintage items is almost impossible! Thank you for following my blog by the way :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you!