Translate

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Life As Art & The Inevitable Evolution Of Self


 If there is one thing that I love, it is the idea of reinvention. Different chapters in life have a distinct feeling and sense of style that goes along with them - this didn't happen simply by chance, but by following the mood of that era and acting accordingly. I've never truly been afraid of the death of an era either - it is something that I always see as inevitable and morbidly beautiful in a way. Decay can be romantic, you just have to choose to see it that way.

 I've always suspected that I am innately an artist of some sort - a secretive, agoraphobic, hermit of an artist. If I am ever perceived as anti-social it is merely because being alone is my natural state. I create best when I am completely alone, sometimes even lonely. I carefully guard my inner artist through isolation. I can't afford to compromise the innate originality by mingling with sources that might adulterate my natural state. 

I create memories, feelings, a touch, a kiss, a moment, a complex and dreamlike aesthetic that you can touch, taste, smell, and feel.You are never the same person twice and life is simply a series of memories - the pleasure of a memory only heightens over time. This is why it is so important to document memories. I am a silent storyteller. It is difficult to explain how I create, and even worse, I am greedy when it comes to the things I create - I deeply enjoy those little pleasures of creating something meant to exist in my own little world. After all, isn't that what life is about? If you don't create your own little world, you will end up living in someone elses.  

I've always enjoyed making lists and I often make lists to flesh out the characters I will embody in the inescapable evolutionary process that is life. Life should be an equal mix of spontaneous and planned, however. Always leave room for the unexpected. Sometimes the sweetest moments are the ones you least expect.

Aging is a fascinating process, isn't it? We have the choice to become richer, more complex, more distinguished, mysterious, wise and well-spoken, knowledgeable, etc. The possibilities are endless.
 

Comrade Von Pussycat

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!