Translate

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

My Cold Cream Routine - Nivea (Cold Weather Edition)









I just had to add this because I didn't know Marylin used Nivea too!




Nivea (pronounced [niˈveːaː]) is a global skin- and body-care brand that is owned by the German company Beiersdorf. The company was founded on March 28, 1882 by pharmacist Carl Paul Beiersdorf. In 1900, the new owner Oskar Troplowitz developed a water-in-oil emulsion as a skin cream with Eucerit, the first stable emulsion of its kind. This was the basis for Eucerin and later, Nivea. Nivea comes from the Latin word niveus/nivea/niveum, meaning 'snow-white'
During the 1930s, Beiersdorf began producing products such as tanning oils, shaving creams, shampoo and facial toners. The trademark "Nivea" was expropriated in many countries following World War II. Beiersdorf completed buying back the confiscated trademark rights in 1997. During the 1980s, the Nivea brand expanded into a wider global market.
Nivea is known for using perfume in their products.

You can read more about the history of Nivea here :)

Comrade Von Pussycat

1 comment:

  1. hey nice post meh, You are one of the best writers I've seen of recent. I love your style of blogging here. this post reminds me of an equally interesting post that I read some time ago on Daniel Uyi's blog: Success With Dating Women .
    keep up the good work friend. I will be back to read more of your posts.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!